The Public Affairs Director of the Environmental Film Festival in the NationвЂ™s Capital, the largest and longest-running environmental film festival in the country, seeks an intern for Fall 2015 to assist with the development of our communications strategy for the 2016 Festival. The Festival will take place from March 15-26, 2016 with year-round screenings also scheduled prior to the Festival window.
The internship is unpaid, and students receiving course credit are welcome. The internship runs from mid-September through mid-December and hours are flexible.
- Researching new media and press contacts for the Festival
- Updating media lists for TV, radio, print and online targeted outreach
- Evaluating the reach of a variety of media
- Writing short descriptions for films that will be shown in the 2016 Festival
- Assisting with the promotion of Fall Festival programs through email marketing and other outreach
- Journalism or marketing studies or background
- Excellent writing skills
- Accuracy in attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in film and the environment
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Helen Strong, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2015.